Sunday, March 3, 2013
Fantastic First Grade
Michelle Oakes has passionately taught first grade for 12 years in Ohio, and she loves to share her passion with other teachers. Michelle's classroom website, Fantastic First Grade, highlights everything that happens during the day in her classroom. She has many links to resources for parents, students and other teachers.
When you click on her teacher tab, you will find classroom resources her and her peers have created to make daily management routines simple. These documents include lesson plan tips and forms, student worksheets, behavior charts, and so much more. The reason I really like her web page is because teachers do not always have time to recreate the wheel, and it is so nice when experienced teachers share the resources they have! She also shares other teachers web pages and blogs that she finds helpful and encouraging.
It is true that peer teachers are our best resources, but not every teacher has the opportunity to work with a really creative master teacher. Websites like Michelle's are very helpful to teachers around the world because we can all access the information she shares online. You can tell that Michelle is a dedicated first grade teacher, but I also see her as a mentor to new and experienced teachers. You can find Michelle's classroom at http://www.fantasticfirstgrade.com/.
She also has a blog where she post where sure post new and current information about her classroom multiple times a week. Please check out her blog at http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/.
Tara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I see why you chose these websites. I think the best one that I like is http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/. I love everything about that website. It makes me what to go back and become a student all over again. I love the pictures, colors , and the writings. I think this website can be very useful when I open my daycare someday. LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly the type of environment we need to create, one that makes us want to go back to be a child in that room. I'm glad you loved her classroom too!
ReplyDeleteTara
Tara,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reviewing the websites you chose. Ms. Oaks first grade classroom website provided a wealth of information about the classroom and the material being taught. Her design was fun and made me want to explore the site further. Also with her website it made you feel like even though you were not directly in her class you were sitting right there. Her inclusion of not only the students but their parents and families was what I liked the most. The website gave parents who can't always make it into class to see what the class is doing through pictures on the site as well as videos. Great choice!
Thank you!!!
DeleteI love to share great teacher resources and web pages with others, this is one of our best resources to use as a teacher in today's classroom. Make sure you visit her blog as well, she is a wonderfully creative teacher and always have new ideas posted about what is currently happening in her classroom.
Tara